50TH Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
Test your knowledge about The Landings by solving the clues of our 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day Scavenger Hunt. We highly recommend you visit each location and enjoy all each has to offer. The first 50 participants to complete the hunt should email #CheersTo50Years! to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into a random drawing. The deadline to email to be entered into the drawing is May 30 at noon. Three winners will be selected and announced in Landings Notes & News.
June 25 - 50th Anniversary Landings Night at the Ballpark
- Click here to purchase tickets now! On this evening, the Savannah Banana's will take on the Macon Bacon. You do not want to miss this exciting event!
Bag Packing Bonanza at TLA
It was all hands on deck recently, as TLA's 50th Anniversary Elves packed goody bags in advance of Sunday's 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day! Round up the family and all of your friends, and head to Landings Community Park this Sunday (May 15 from 12 to 4 p.m.) and enjoy the fun. We can't wait to see you there! #CheersTo50Years!
Lisa Olson Shares What She Enjoys About Life in The Landings
Courtesy of The Landings 50th Anniversary Committee
Tue, 04/19/2022 - 4:23pm
If you would like to share a fond memory or what you love about life in The Landings, visit www.tribute.co/residents-of-the-landings-50th-anniversary/ or click here, and follow the prompts on the screen.
50th Anniversary Spotify Playlist
It's the Landings' 50th Anniversary and we want the world to know it! Head down to Landings Harbor Marina and get your 50th Anniversary gear so you can help represent this milestone year. Additional items are arriving soon! #CheersTo50Years!
Streets in The Landings
Have you ever wondered how the streets in The Landings got their names? The following articles are courtesy of This Week at The Landings (TWATL), and were written by the late Shari Lee Laist, a former Landings Resident.
CHEERS TO 50 YEARS!!!!!
Calendar of Events (All plans subject to change)
May 15 at noon - Golf Cart Parade, Scavenger Hunt, Celebration (Route TBD)
- 50 Things Parade - Participants to decorate their golf carts with 50 things
- Scavenger Hunt (Historic sites around the island)
- Food trucks and more
- Please note the Carriage Rides have been postponed for this event.
June 25 - 50th Anniversary Landings Night at the Ballpark
- Click here to purchase tickets now!
July 4 - Community Independence Day Celebration
- Collaboration with The Landings Club to include fireworks and a community picnic.
September 10 - Grand Finale (Rain Date is September 24)
- Celebration at Landings Harbor Marina with music, food, commemoration, and kick-off to the Next 50 Years! Time of event TBD.
The Landings Through the Decades - This timeline carries you through the years and highlights some of the trends in food, fashion, movies, and more. It was compiled by residents Maryce Cunningham and Lisa Olson.
Who Remembers - This timeline takes you on a journey from the 70s to the present, offering historical information about The Landings and neighboring areas. It was compiled by Richard Burke.
- 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day a Success
- 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day (May 15 from noon to 4 p.m.)
- Bill and Peggy Foster Landings' Longest Residents
- Tag TLA on Instagram
- May 15 Event Details
- 50th Anniversary Playlist Now Available on Spotify
- Self-Record a Video for the 50th Anniversary Webpage
- 50th Anniversary Communications Subcommittee Seeks Short Videos
- Long-Time Residents Wanted
- 50th Anniversary Update
- Cheers to 50 Years Logo Contest Winner
- 50th Anniversary Logo Contest Now Open
- TLA Seeks Old Photos of The Landings
- Marshwood's 16th Green
- The Landings' First Residents
- The Tower Area
- How it all Began!
- Palmetto (formerly Plantation) Area of Community
- Air Curtain Destructor
- The Landings Association
- The Village
- Where Did You Get the Name Yam Gandy?
- History of Diamond Causeway
- First Sales in The Landings
- Large Lagoon at Delegal Creek Marina
- Palmetto Section of The Landings
- Phase I of The Landings opened in September 1972
- 1976 Driving Directions to The Landings
Click here, and follow the prompts on the screen to record a 50th Anniversary Video.
Fun and Games
- Cheers to 50 Years Word Search (To print a copy of this puzzle rather than play online, click here).
- Streets in The Landings - Part 1 (To print a copy of this puzzle rather than play online, click here).
- Streets in The Landings - Part 2 (To print a copy of this puzzle rather than play online, click here).
- 50th Anniversary Family Fun Day Word Search (To print a copy of this puzzle rather than play online, click here).
Click on the links below to read the full documents.
- Sustainable Skidaway Presentation (2018)
- Short History of Skidaway Island
- The Landings' Formative Years
- Richard Burke on What Makes The Landings Different and Better Than Other Golf Communities
50th Anniversary Subcommittee Chairs
- Communications - Maryce Cunningham
- History - Ron Weller, Bill Foster, Sr., and Richard Burke
- Food/Kids' Events - Caitlin Anckner and Suzy Hunt
- Entertainment - Pat Brooks, Brett Feemster, and Ginna Carroll
- Virtual Celebration Opportunities - Rick Cunningham
- Social Media Promotion - Nicole Casino and Christine Savage
- Commemorative Gifts - Jennifer Sabo and Lynn Lewis
- Donations and Sponsorships - TLA Staff & 50th Anniversary Committee
- Volunteers - The Landings Community
Note: If you would like to help with one or more of these subcommittees, please send an email to email@example.com. Make sure to include in your email your name, address, phone number, and the name of the committee you would like to assist.
Longtime Landings Association employee Mike Bousquet (center) poses with friends at Landings Harbor Marina back in the early 80s.
Who were the first residents of The Landings? That distinction belongs to Elbert and Helen Little, who bought their lot in 1972, built their own home at 4 Tything Man Lane, and moved into it in 1973, claiming Club Membership #14!
Note: If you have photos to share with us, please fill out the photo release form and scan and upload them by clicking here. We are especially interested in photos of Landings Amenities and The Landings' lifestyle.