In return for the privilege of operating my/our privately owned golf cart on The Landings Association’s (TLA) property, I/we agree to abide by the rules and regulations governing the use and operation of my/our golf cart as published by The Landings Association and/or The Landings Club, including but not limited to the following:
- Privately owned golf carts operated on any Club or TLA property must display proper identification numbers and required decals.
- Operators of carts must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Non-golfing carts are not permitted on the golf courses.
- Cart owners are responsible for the actions of all drivers operating their golf cart.
I/we further agree:
- That if I sell or transfer ownership of my cart, I will remove any decals and numbers from the golf cart and return them to The Landings Association’s administrative office.
- To use, operate, and/or ride any golf cart on The Landings Association (TLA) premises or property at my own risk. The Landings Association and/or its successors, assigns, affiliates, operators, directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Protected Parties,” which includes TLA) shall not be liable to me for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action arising out of or connected with the use, operation, maintenance, and/or storage of golf carts on TLA’s premises or property. I hereby forever release and discharge the Protected Parties from all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action arising out of or connected to the use, operation, maintenance, and/or storage of golf carts on TLA’s premises and/or property, except to the extent that such claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action arise out of TLA’s negligence or the negligence of a Protected Party.
- To indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Landings Association, its members, officers, managers, and employees from and against any and all claims, charges, losses, damages, expenses, and other liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees or other costs, incurred by TLA resulting from or arising out of the use or operation of my golf cart by me, my dependents, or guests on TLA property, including any and all damage to The Association, except to the extent that such claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action arise out of the TLA’s negligence or the negligence of a Protected Party.
- That violations of the rules and regulations governing the operation of my/our cart may result in the suspension of membership privileges with the Association, including the right to operate my cart on TLA property. I have read, understand, and agree to The Landings Association’s Golf Cart Rules and Regulations and to this Private Golf Cart Agreement. I also agree that I am responsible for any drivers of this or any cart that I own. I understand if my golf cart has old registration numbers they will need to be removed. TLA staff members may assist in this process; however, if I elect to use this service, I hold TLA and its staff harmless for any damage that may be caused in the process of removing the old registration numbers.
- To maintain liability insurance with respect to my cart of at least $300,000 combined single limit, bodily injury and property damage, and certify that such insurance is provided by:
Please list the names and dates of birth for anyone in your home under the age of 21 who might drive the cart within the next two years.